(Ver 1.0) This is now “Part 8” in the extremely advanced Bible study series of lessons revealing, “The True Identity of the woman in Revelation 12”. If you have not read this series from the beginning, there is a lot of details already covered that will only be taught in a climatic summary form in this lesson. This lesson may be good information for people who like the bottom line and not all of the details. Also note that this lesson will be divided into two parts. Today we will cover the review of mainly Revelation 12:1, with some added new insights from a slightly different viewed perspective. Then in the next part (the LORD willing), there will be a lot of new spiritual information that many are awaiting to see that were hidden in Revelation 12:2. You certainly may continue reading Part 8 and Part 9 independently if desired, however, if you would like to read the series from the beginning please go to “Part 1”.
First a warning, this series was written for spiritually mature Christians. For those that are newly born or younger Christians, you may want to go study some more basic Bible foundational subjects before trying to digest some deep eschatological study that may be hard to swallow. This decision could possibly help you not to be offended at what will be a very deep spiritual subject filled with complex spiritual information and application, about a highly controversial topic. Thank you for judging yourself before continuing.
This series was first shared with me through the Holy Spirit, over 12 years ago and it was published in 2009. It has been undated numerous times to bring added revelation and clarity. If you have read the entire series and made it to this lesson, you should be commended, because you are like one of the Acts 17:11 Christians, that Paul said were more noble Bible students than those in the Thessalonica church. This verse reveals that there are two types of Christians, those that are mature and those that are very carnal and immature. Which one you choose to be, is normally determined by your amount of love you receive and release from God, your deep knowledge of His Word, and the length of time and amount of spiritual growth experienced as a Christian.
This has been one of the most loved or hated Bible lessons that I have been given by God to share with the body of Christ. Those with spiritually mature pure hearts, begin to love it after understanding what God is saying to us. But the immature baby Christians, who are set in their ways, believing they understand the Bible in totality, they hate this spiritual information. This is what Paul faced in the book of Galatians, when he said, “Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?”. It is very interesting that this was written by God in Galatians chapter 4 and this will be one of the primary-focuses of this Bible lesson today.
Recently, I received a nice and very spiritually mature comment with a question from a faithful reader. This was a confirmation from the Holy Spirit that I was to do this lesson. I had already felt led by the Holy Spirit to teach this subject again, and God confirmed it by this question. The reader’s question was:
“May I seek some clarification about your understanding of the woman in Rev. 12? You say she depicts the church, however the church didn’t give birth to the Messiah, Israel did so I would be very interested to hear why you believe as you do. Thank you again.”?
That was a great question, asked in a respectful way. We should pray that more people ask questions, rather than to call people heretics for a teaching of things that they do not yet understand. It appears that the question is based on popular teachings within the church majority. The belief that the woman is Israel originates from several descriptions that appear on the surface of the text in Revelation 12. First, the child is caught up to heaven and said to rule all nations with a rod of iron. This is taught to be the risen from the dead Jesus Christ. While this does sound like Jesus, notice that Jesus never did get caught up to heaven, as a freshly born baby child, as is described in Revelation 12. That is one of the first obvious problems with us claiming this child is the Messiah Jesus.
The next problem is this child is taken up by force using the Greek Word “harpozo” (G726), that describes a sudden snatching by forced departure, like is described as the rapture event in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:52. If you can, please find us a verse that describes Jesus ever being taken to heaven exactly in this manner?
Therefore, we have just reviewed two significant text problems with us making this woman appear to be Israel or Mary and the child being the physical Jesus. But people still believe this is the physical Jesus anyway. We must however learn to pay attention to every detail that we can find. God did not write things using words and descriptions that were not important. Make a note that whoever this is, this child is taken up to be with God in heaven by forced departure and it happens as they are a fairly young immature child.
Next, the woman is surrounded with three objects, the sun, the moon and the stars, and these three objects appear in the dream of Joseph in Genesis 37 that use these symbols to describe Jacob’s family of Israel. This was where 11 stars bowed, with the sun and the moon to worship the 12th star. Jacob interpreted the dream to mean the sun was himself, the moon was Rachel, and the 11 stars were all the brothers of Joseph who was the star that everyone bowed down to worship.
This mention of 12 stars, a sun and a moon in Revelation 12:1, represents another major cause for most to jump to the conclusion that this has to be the natural nation of Israel. Almost every past and modern Bible teacher has jumped to this conclusion without performing a deep study of the subject. They simply teach that this woman is natural Israel and the child is the baby Jesus born in a manger, who had been sent into the world, to become the Messiah (the Christ). If that is true, please apply the interpretation of Jacob to how these symbols are used in Revelation 12 specifically by the Holy Spirit’s leading.
How could a woman who is pregnant that people call Israel, be clothed with Jacob? I thought Jacob was named Israel? This is just one of the major problems. We might be able to stretch or twist a verse to make this claim of Israel being clothed with Israel, but we really need a Bible verse that interprets it this way. Remember what the Lord said through 2 Peter 1:20 “No prophecy is of any private interpretation”. This simply teaches the law of self-interpretation of the Bible. This means the Bible interprets the Bible, and my opinion or yours does not matter.
The next major contradiction and disqualification for the woman in Revelation 12 to be Israel, is the position of the moon under the feet of the woman. If the lady in Revelation 12 is Israel, the moon must represent Rachel, and she is been walked upon as an enemy, defeated and conquered by this symbolic woman in Revelation 12. Jacob informed Joseph very clearly that the moon in his dream represented his mother in Genesis 37:10. Therefore, if we use this dream to interpret the woman in Revelation 12, we MUST also use and apply the interpretation of the dream to understand all of the words in Revelation 12. These are major problems, and they are totally ignored by every Bible teacher that wants to believe this woman is Israel.
This is a very common and popular teaching and it is one possible interpretation using selective surface reading of the text in Revelation 12. But it may be based upon a very carnal human reasoning with the joining together of scriptures that do not actually go together. Right there, that statement could make a lot of pastors, theologians, and Bible students very upset. Some get so angry that they write the nastiest and most hate filled comments that you can imagine. This type of response does nothing but to prove their immature carnality. Love does not name call, and love does not speak evil of others, even if they disagree with your beliefs.
Today we will cover only verse 1 of Revelation 12. We will call this Part 1 of the summary and unveiling. Then in the next lesson, the LORD willing, we will cover verse 2 in significant detail.
WHY NOT NATURAL ISRAEL?
In this lesson series, we have gone through many logical, comprehensive, and wide-ranging truthful Biblical reasons why this woman and this child cannot be Israel and the physical baby Jesus Christ. If you have read the entire series, you should be able to list some of them. Let us quickly review a few:
- The angel of God showing the vision to John, said everything after Revelation 4:1, must occur in the future beyond when John saw the vision and wrote the book of Revelation. This book was written a long time after the birth, life, death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of the LORD JESUS. Therefore, this disqualifies the woman to be Mary, and Israel and the child to be Jesus the physical Messiah.
- The next most important reason, is that Jesus said in John 3:3, that which is born of spirit is spirit and that which is born of flesh is flesh. This is a law of God’s design. This forces the mother and child to be either flesh birthing only flesh or spirit birthing only spirit. This disqualifies Israel from being the woman because she was a combined spiritual wife made up of many physical humans in the Old Covenant (Jer 31:32). The woman and the child appear to be both spiritual beings in Revelation 12 and neither Mary or the natural nation of Israel ever gave birth to a spiritual child.
- What did we find that the Sun represents in the woman’s clothing? This is ignored in the Israel and baby Jesus’ interpretation completely. We have found this Sun is a symbol of Jesus the Sun of Righteousness (Mal 4:2). Who then is clothed with Jesus? Was it the natural nation of Israel or Mary? The church is clearly told to put on Christ in the New Covenant (Rom 13:14, Gal 3:27).
- What does the moon represent? And what does it mean to be standing on this object? We have discovered from the Bible the moon represents the ruler of the darkness and this has to be Satan (Eph 6:12). We also have found verses that anyone that is underfoot, has been defeated (Ps 44:5, Ps 91:13, Mal 4:3, Lk 10:19). Has Israel defeated the ruler of the darkness? Has Mary defeated the ruler of the darkness? If not, they are disqualified to be valid interpretations. We will be discussing parts of these subjects as we move forward.
- Let us consider one more reason, that may have not been taught before enough. The woman in Revelation 12 appears in heaven. This describes that she is spiritual at her appearance. Has the natural nation of Israel appeared spiritually in heaven? Can the natural nation of Israel appear in heaven without being saved through Jesus Christ? Not according to Jesus. Jesus said in John 3:3, except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. Then in John 14:23 Jesus said, “No man comes to the Father, but by me”. The only legal way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. This disqualifies the natural nation of Israel from a heavenly appearance, unless they receive Jesus.
These were just 5 major disqualifications for the woman in Revelation 12 to be viewed as the natural nation of Israel, or the physical virgin Mary, and for their child said to be the physical baby Jesus born in Bethlehem. What we are about to discover and confirm is that the church does give birth to Christ, but not in the form of a physical baby in a manger. That will probably shock a lot of people, but this concept was already introduced to you in the updated “Part 5” of the series. I pray you were able to read this first. If you are ready to begin this spiritual insightful view of the woman in Revelation 12, let us please get started.
GOD’S SPIRITUAL VIEW
OF REVELATION 12 REVEALED
We will now begin to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal His higher spiritual messages that are desired to be taught to us from these verses about a pregnant woman found in Revelation 12. Please stop and pray the prayer in Ephesians 1:17-23, before continuing. In this prayer Paul asked for the church to be given a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of HIM! Who is HIM? It is the LORD JESUS CHRIST. Then Paul prays and asks God to give the church (us) the spiritual eyes of understanding for enlightenment to see what God has accomplished and given to us in Christ. Paul is simply asking the Holy Spirit inside of the church to illuminate our spirits to be able to comprehend what God has provided to us in Jesus Christ. Please believe that God has heard and answered this prayer and you will be able to receive more of these deep hidden spiritual concepts about Christ. Ok, now let us continue.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Jesus gives us a “key to understanding” a great portion of the book of Revelation. This is because God has written the book of Revelation using vast patterns of natural symbolic objects that reveal unseen spiritual entities and realities. God also has used numerous naturally created systems and methods, like childbirth to teach us about complex spiritual truths. In this verses Jesus reveals that there is a significant difference between earthly things and heavenly things. But then Jesus indicates that by us understanding these natural things, it will greatly assist us in understanding invisible heavenly things. We confirm this truth of Jesus in the book of Romans:
Romans 1:20, “For the invisible things of God from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood from the things that were made, even God’s eternal power and Godhead.”
Did you understand what God said? The Creator God declares we are able to understand the hidden and unseen qualities of the divine Godhead, because we can learn them from naturally created objects, systems, patterns, and laws, etc. That is what we are going to do today. We are going to go through the naturally created symbolic objects and descriptions and then use these with the Bible to understand the hidden messages that God is trying to teach us in these last days.
Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Let us begin by listing the qualities and descriptions of the woman in Revelation 12 verse 1. Take note that the Greek word G3700 translated as “appeared”, means to look with eyes wide open at something remarkable as if in shock and awe. Now read the list of important subjects:
- There was a great wonder woman that suddenly appeared in heaven.
- She was clothed in the Sun.
- Standing with the moon under her feet.
- Wearing a crown of 12 stars.
We will not go into tremendous detail, but we will take each, one by one.
THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE
OF A GREAT WONDER WOMAN IN HEAVEN
What do these words and symbols teach us?
- This appearance of a woman in heaven causes us to logically conclude she is a spiritual being, in order to be found existing in heaven. This causes us to ask how and when she appeared.
- Remember that a woman (wife) in a relationship with God always represents a covenant partnership. We can learn this in several verses, but research Jeremiah 31:32, and Matthew 9:15 to see two references.
- This statement implies that this woman was previously a physical reality upon the earth, before she was taken into heaven.
- Therefore, we can conclude that God/Jesus must have taken this woman up to be with Him at the throne. Does this sound like a type of rapture? We will find more evidence coming to support this view soon.
- Also, this statement implies this woman’s appearance in heaven was because she is considered righteous and not of the kingdom of darkness. We will see this more clearly when we look again at her clothing.
A WOMAN CLOTHED WITH THE SUN
We have already covered this subject extensively. Please recall what this SUN represents to God.
- In spiritual terms, being clothed with any object, means to be endued with its power. We learn this many places, including Elijah’s mantle being passed to Elisha in 2 Kings 2:14. Jesus speaking to the church told His disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they were “endued” with power from on high. The Greek word G1736 that is translated as “endued”, means to be clothed with. The sun in the sky certainly qualifies as a high heavenly object. The sun is also the closest great power source for all life on our planet. We learned this sun represents Jesus “the Sun of Righteousness” that rises with healing in His wings, in Malachi 4:2.
- We can confirm from Malachi 4:2 that wearing the Sun of God represents being clothed in His righteousness. We can confirm the church is clothed in His righteousness in verses like Ephesians 4:22.
THE MOON UNDER HER FEET
We have also covered this subject extensively. The first mention of the moon is found in Genesis 1 and is called the lesser light. Genesis 1:16 informs us that “the lesser light”, also called the moon rules the night (darkness). This heavenly object depicts the evil being Satan who rules the darkness of this world (Eph 6:12).
- Standing upon the symbolic moon symbol of Satan depicts the picture of victory over Him by a woman. God informs Joshua in Joshua 1:3, “everywhere the soles of your feet tread, I have given to you”. This means this woman was fighting a battle and she won the wars like Joshua.
- We know this represents the church because Jesus told us in Luke 10:19, “Behold I give you power to tread upon serpents (devils) and scorpions (demons) and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing by any means shall hurt you.” These words apply to Jesus’ believers.
- In Romans 16:20, God promises to bruise the serpent Satan under the feet of the church (New Covenant Bride) very soon. It has been almost 2000 years since this was written and it is time for it to be fulfilled.
- God promises the church to be “overcomers” in the New Covenant. Overcoming signifies someone who has been raised up above someone else in power and authority by their enemy’s defeat.
A CROWN ON HER HEAD
This is another great symbol that reveals the truth of victory for the woman. This confirms the fact that she is standing on the moon (Satan), with the moon (Satan) under her feet, and the moon (Satan) has been “overcome” and defeated. Review what God says to the church in this verse:
1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
God our LORD and savior informs us that we are in a race. But ours is not a physical endurance contest. Rather, our run is in a spiritual endurance contest. Our opponent and enemy is a spiritual being named Lucifer and Satan. God informs us in Revelation 12 we win this race. The exact same Greek word is spoken here that was found in Revelation 12:1. This is a run that we will win over Satan, and our crown of victory will be the incorruptible kind of eternal victory. Are you an overcomer? Why not? Jesus tells how we overcome Him in this chapter 12 that we are studying about:
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
We can clearly read and see there are two things that cause the church to be standing on the moon (Satan). The most essential piece is the Blood of the Lamb of God, our spiritual husband. The second is our participation by speaking the Word of God out loud to bring our testimony to bare upon Satan’s head and put him under our feet through exercising the authority that Jesus gave to us (Lk 10:19, Mat 28:18-19).
If anyone needs additional convincing that God’s desired plan for your life is to overcome your enemy, please read verses like these:
- Romans 5:17
- Romans 12:21
- 1 Corinthians 15:57
- 2 Corinthians 2:14
- 1 John 2:13-14
- 1 John 4:4
- 1 John 5:4-5
- Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26
- Revelation 3:5, 12, 21
For the final part of the review of the crown, we must remember that wearing a crown, is a sign of kingship and royalty. The church is called a “royal (kingly) priesthood” in 1 Peter 2:9. The church is said to “reign (as a king) in life, by one Jesus Christ” in Romans 5:17. Then in Revelation 19:16 Jesus is called the KING of kings. If you are not reigning over Satan now with the LORD’s help, it is past time to get started.
We have only started to see just some of the spiritual truths that the Spirit of God desires us to learn and know. In the next lesson we get into some things that the Holy Spirit spoke with me about at 3 am in the morning. These things were very revealing to show His perspectives of Revelation 12:2.
We pray that everyone will come back for the next lesson, with eager anticipation and hunger to see what God says to us all. If you love the Word of God, as much as I do, I know you will. Please share the lesson series with your mature spiritual friends. Also leave a comment or question, if you feel led by the Spirit to do so. Thank you for praying for us. We greatly appreciate your support with your intercessory prayer. You have no idea how the enemy is trying to silence this website completely. Thank you for standing strong in and with us and the LORD. We love you very much, whether you agree or disagree with what has been taught. God bless you all very much. Always in His abundant love and Grace!
If you would like to continue reading in this awesome God given series, please go to “Part 9” now.